What do I do about my neighbor's fence falling down?

If a fence between the two properties is falling down, the City will not get involved in matter between property owners. The property owners need to work with their neighbor to fix the fence. This is a civil matter to be handled between the two parties involved. If the fence is located along a public street,the Code Compliance Division can request the property owner to repair it.

Please call (303) 325-8000 for more information.

How tall can grass or weeds grow before the City will intervene?

Grass and weeds that reach of height of 8 inches are considered a nuisance and a violation of the Centennial Municipal Code. The accumulation of common weeds and overgrown grass creates health and safety hazards and increases the likelihood of pests and rodents in the area. The Code also requires the owner or occupant of the property to maintain planting strips and alleyways adjacent to the property. There are some exceptions for large lots and certain zoning designations.

Please call (303) 325-8000 for more information.

What can the City do about vehicles if they appear to be junk and/or inoperable?

Public Street

If the vehicle is located on the street, the vehicle owner will be given seven days to fix the vehicle and obtain current tags, remove the vehicle from the location or store it in a lawful enclosure or behind a permitted sight-screening fence. If the vehicle remains on the public street after seven days the Sheriff’s Office may tag and tow the vehicle.

Private Property

If the vehicle is located on private property the vehicle owner will be required to repair and license the vehicle, remove the vehicle to an approved location or store the vehicle in a lawful enclosure or behind an approved solid sight-screening fence.

Please call (303) 325-8000 for more information.

How do I report a violation?

Report a Violation online, in person at the Civic Center or call (303) 325-8000.

How can I check the status of a complaint I submitted?

Call (303) 325-8000 and ask for the Code Compliance Division or the Code Compliance Officer that is handling the complaint you submitted for the specified property.

Who handles noise complaints?

The City’s Code Compliance Division responds to all construction noise complaints. All other noise complaints are addressed by the Sheriff’s Office, (303) 795-4711. There are exceptions for emergency vehicles, equipment associated with emergency activities, school activities, snowplows, planes, trains, and lawful professional outdoor fireworks displays.

Please call (303) 325-8000 for more information.

Can the City enforce my HOA covenants, conditions and restrictions?

No. The City has no legal authority to enforce HOA rules. HOA’s are independent legal entities, similar to private companies.

Please call (303) 325-8000 for more information.

What is the process for gaining compliance?

If a violation is identified, the property owner/occupant is typically given seven days to correct the violation, however, the officer has the discretion to allow additional days. An inspection will be conducted after the deadline and if the violation has been corrected and the property is in compliance the case will be closed. If the property remains in violation and the property owner/occupant has not contacted the Code Compliance Officer to make other arrangements enforcement may escalate with a summons to court and levy fines.

Please call (303) 325-8000 for more information.


Quick Contact Info:

City of Centennial
13133 East Arapahoe Road
Centennial, CO  80112

(303) 325-8000 - 24-Hour Citizen Response Center
(720) 488-0933 - Fax Number



ADA Notice

Contact Us

City of Centennial
Powered by Real Time Solutions - Website Design & Document Management