The City of Centennial requires that all contractors and subcontractors, performing work in the City, are licensed. 

In order to obtain a license all contractors must apply and meet the City’s requirements (outlined below). Testing may be required for some licenses. Contractors must submit current certificates of General Liability and Worker’s Compensation insurance naming the City of Centennial as the certificate holder. All licenses are valid for one year from date of issuance. Please see License Class & Fee Schedule for complete listing of license types and fees. 


To apply for a contractor’s business license the following is required:


Who is required to obtain a contractor license?

All contractors and subcontractors performing work in the City of Centennial are required to obtain a contractors license.  Visit the Contractor Licensing page for more information.

What are the City's testing requirements for licensing?

The City requires the following types of contractors to submit proof of testing in order to obtain a license:  General contractors class A, B, and C, HVAC, and Steam and Hot Water.

Does the City of Centennial accept other cities' licensing/testing?

The City of Centennial has reciprocity with the following jurisdictions: Denver and Aurora. We also accept ICC (International Code Council) testing.

Supporting Documents

Below is a list of available forms and reference materials associated with contractor and subcontractor licensing in the City.
Contractor License Insurance Requirements
Contractor License Classes & Fee
Contractor Account Change Form
Sub-Contractor List
Waiver for Worker's Compensation Insurance


The City of Centennial requires testing for the following license types: 

  • General Contractor Class A
  • General Contractor Class B
  • General Contractor Class C
  • HVAC
  • Steam & Hot Water

The City administers examinations for General Contractors Classes B & C. Exams are based off of the 2009 IBC & IRC code books and are scheduled by appointment only. 

The testing requirement may be filled by providing proof of licensing/testing with Denver, Aurora, or the International Code Council (ICC). 

Quick Contact Info:

City of Centennial
13133 East Arapahoe Road
Centennial, CO  80112

(303) 325-8000 - 24-Hour Citizen Response Center
(720) 488-0933 - Fax Number



ADA Notice

Contact Us

City of Centennial
Powered by Real Time Solutions - Website Design & Document Management